There’s been a lot of buzz about the best way to acquire new customers through brand building, which includes long lists of things to do and working with other companies for support. But what if it’s much easier than that? What if you can take user-generated content and use it for new customer acquisition?
User-generated content is created when a consumer advertises a product or service a company sells through image, video, blog post (to name a few).
One example of user-generated content that has successfully taken off is Heineken’s “The Dilemma” advertisement, which takes brand building to the next level. In the below clip, you can see how Heineken have created a difficult situation for a football fan to navigate, all while being secretly filmed. This is a brilliant example of user-generated content used in the best way for the company.
Still don’t believe that brand building with user-generated content is the ultimate way to acquire new customers? Here are 10 statistics to back that up:
- According to e-Marketer 65% of social media users, aged between 18 and 24, consider information that’s shared on social networks when making a purchasing decision. This means that you have the opportunity to connect with new customers through your current customers.
- Brand engagement rose by 28% when consumers were exposed to both professional content and user-generated product video, according to comScore.
- 64% of customers actively search for reviews before making a purchase decision (communify.com)
- Chobani, a Greek yoghurt company, noted a 225.9% increase in revenue from 2009-2010 after they asked customers to submit videos and images that promoted the product.
Follow Tuned Global and always be in the know.Follow @TunedGlobal
- Studies by Crowdtap show 59% of Millennials consider user-generated content prior to any major electronic purchase. This is cars (54%), major appliances (53%), mobile phones (46%), hotels (45%) and travel plans (40%).
- A staggering 92% of consumers trust online content from friends and family above all other brand messaging (salesforce).
- 50% of consumers find user-generated content makes the brand more memorable, as reported by salesforce.
- 86% of businesses are now integrating user-generated content into their brand strategy.
- Communify has found that 25% of search results for the World’s Top 20 Largest brands are links to user-generated content.
- 85% of fans for brands on Facebook recommend brands to others (Syncapse).
Want to know how you can make the most of user-generated content for brand building and to acquire new customers? Encourage your customers to talk, sing or tweet back to you, using your brand as the launching pad for their voice.
Find out how music helped build brands like Marriott Hotels and HP and see how your company can succeed at marketing using music. Get the download link for the free e-book below.